Friday, March 11, 2011

4x the Awesome

I'm currently working on a purchase for Amazon.com. I am getting a Thank You present for a friend, which costs $22.99. For the round $25 you can get free shipping with Amazon. So, why not try to find something that costs $2.01 instead of paying that or more for shipping?

I considered my starting point. There have to be some "readable" books for that price, I thought to myself... How tough could that search be?

As it turns out, very tough:
- $4.73 - More Stuff on My Cat: 2x the Stuff + 2x the Cats = 4x the Awesome

Notice the keyword "more" I can only imagine the joy in reading the first version.

- $3.11 - Meat: A Love Story


- $4.80 - Cooking With Hot Flashes: And Other Ways to Make Middle Age Profitable


- $2.29 - The Enlightened Bracketologist: The Final Four of Everything


- $3.86 - Rick and Bubba for President: The Two Sexiest Fat Men Alive Take on Washington

Includes Best of Rick and Bubba CD

- $3.74 - How to Make Love to Adrian Colesberry (by Adrian Colesberry)


- $3.98 - The Bad Ass Girl's Guide To Poker: All You Need To Beat The Boys


- $3.14 - The Best of Playboar


And that's just one random page in my search.

I'll probably get one of the two Simpsons books listed, or for the exact price of $2.01, I could get The Island at the End of the World: A Novel.


That one could be okay, I guess. Published by Penguin.

I'm trying to figure out what this says about humanity. There are a lot of books out there. Not all of them are classics. These listed all have publishers (i.e. not self-published). Someone thought they'd be a success. People have a lot to say. I guess that's what it says.

1 comment:

Pete said...

$4.98 for shipping. I got The Krusty Book (The Simpsons Library of Wisdom), for $3.98. So, I saved $1 by getting another book.